The Sims 4 MOD: Road to Romance v1.1 – Sims 4 Mod
Available for download at Mod The Sims
Road to Romance
This mod is NOT explicit. My objective is to create a Romance mod – meaning, a mod for romantic life – the focus is not in any way on the WooHoo aspect of things. It is designed to be as “Maxis Match” as possible, and does not go any farther than the game does in terms of WooHoo-related text.Out of the almost 50 interactions that come and go in this mod, there are only 3 interactions that are about WooHoo (“Confess to Having Never WooHoo”d”, “Research WooHoo Technique” and “Discuss WooHoo Preference” – which does not give any moodlet or show any other text). The WooHoo moodlets the mod uses are the ones from the original game, there are no new ones.
A Romance Skill! A new Mood! Lots of new interactions! Small game behavior modifications! Take your Sims on the Road to Romance!
!Compatible with the latest July Patch!
Need help, have questions, want to submit a translation” Contact me here in comments, PMs, or directly on my Discord server, or even on Patreon . I am floating around on all these platforms and will reply to you!
– The Romance Skill, which brings new interactions and moodlets.
– A new mood ! Sims can now feel “Affectionate”
– Sims can go on Rabbit Hole dates with their partners
– Counseling: for couples and singles
– Online Dates (very basic, because the mod “SimDa Dating App” by LittleMissSam exists I think it would go well with this mod and do recommend it!)
– Cheat Skill Up or to Max
– Automatically give NPCs a Romance Skill level
Gain Romance skill by performing any of the game”s Romantic interactions that grant positive relationship points, and using the interactions this mod adds.
SKILL LEVELS – DESCRIPTION
At first, Sims will be a little bad at romance. It impacts how quickly romance develops between them and others. It also impacts the quality of moodlets they can obtain from WooHoo. As they grow their skill, these things improve. There are 10 levels and 5 thresholds, 2 levels in each threshold.
First Threshold: 80% chance of WooHoo results being an Uncomfortable or Embarrassed moodlet, WooHoo cannot grant great moodlets (such as “Seeing Stars” or “Completely Satisfied”). Romance relationship points are gained half as fast than in the un-modded game. Sims occasionally get Tense near love interests.
Level 1 – “Confess Never Having WooHoo”d” (if it is the case) / “Admit Having Little Experience” / “Research Romance Tips and Tricks”, “Create Online Dating Profile” and subsequently, “Go on Online Date” and “Browse through Dating Profiles”, “Talk about Love Life” (with friends)
Level 2 – “Ask about Exes”; “Talk about Exes” (in the early stages of relationships); “Share Deeply Personal thoughts” “Research WooHoo Technique”
Second Threshold: 45% chances of very positive WooHoo moodlets being replaced by negative ones. All other WooHoo moodlets remain free to occur as in the unmodded game. Romance relationship points are gained roughly 40% less fast than in the un-modded game.
Level 3 – “Discuss Relationship Ideals” and “Discuss WooHoo Preferences” (in early stages of relationships), “Make Future Plans”
Level 4 – “Discuss Living Together”, “Express Interest”
Third Threshold: Romance relationship points are gained roughly 30% less fast than in the un-modded game. wooHoo moodlets work like in the un-modded game.
Level 5 – “Reaffirm Devotion” (if high relationship score); “Compliment Personality”;
Level 6 – “Enthuse about Relationship”, “Appreciate for All the Little Things”, “Joke about Bad Lovers”, “Reminisce about Early Days” (if high relationship score)
Fourth Threshold: Romance relationship points are gained roughly 20% less fast than in the un-modded game.
Level 7 – “Impress with High Romance Skill”; “Create a Love Advice Blog” and subsequently “Write Love Advice Article”.
Level 8 – “Give Love Advice”, “Make a Funny Flirty Comment”
Fifth Threshold: Romance relationship points are gained normally.
Level 9 – “Magic Pick-Up Line”
Level 10 – “Beguiling Kiss” + “Charm the Room” (interaction that will make all Sims around flirty, and boost romance relationship points gain by 150%.)
Other Interactions (Not skill-dependent):
– “Reveal Relationship Problems” when talking to friends / family. This leads to 3 different outcomes. If the outcome is the friend advising to break up, the Sim can tell their partner they were advised to dump them.
– “Try to talk through problems” (available to couples who went to counselling and are having difficulties, ie their relationship points are under 40).
– “Yell at For Divorcing” – from kids to parents…
– “Blame for the Problems in the Relationship” – a mean interaction for Sims whose relationship isn”t going too well anymore.
– “Enthuse About Partner”s Family” and “Criticize Partner”s Family” (when talking to partner)
– “Enthuse About Your Children” and “Complain about the Children” (when talking to partner)
– Rabbit Hole dates, counseling and online dating.
Mood-Specific Interactions (only available when feeling Affectionate)”Say “I Love You” “”Share Photos Taken Together””Post about Great Relationship” (on the computer)More info on the new mood:
It is linked to interactions from this mod, the ones unlocked towards higher levels and targeting established couples. Sims using these interactions will get a 2 hour, +2 affectionate moodlet if they use them a lot in a short time. The new mood boosts autonomy towards interactions from this mod and from the game such as “Embrace”, “Express Fondness”, etc – basically the romantic interactions that are more on the cute side than the flirty side. The mood boosts skill gain in Romance by 50%, and romance relationship point gain by 50%.
See below for what moodlets use the new mood.
EFFECT OF INTERACTIONS (= breakdown of granted moodlets)
– “Confess to Having Never WooHoo’d” gives +2, 2hr confident modlets to speaker and listener – the speaker for confessing, the listener for being deemed trustworthy.
– “Confess to Having Little Experience” is more or less the same, since it is the equivalent for SIms with low Romance level who have had partners before.
– “Research Romance Tips and Tricks” grants skill points, so does “Research WooHoo Technique”.
– “Create Online Dating Profile” also grants skill points. Once the profile is created, “Browse Through Profiles” is available. It doesn’t have notable effects. “Go on Online Date” grants various moodlets for the duration of the date (3 per Date) and a +2 moodlet at the end, which can either be happy, fine or embarrassed, and lasts 2 hours.
– “Talk about Love Life” with friends is just a conversational interactions. Its equivalent for dark times, “Reveal Relationship Problems”, grants a +2 sad moodlet to the listener, and either a 4hr, +2 sad, tense or confident moodlet to the speaker depending on what advice their friend gives them. If the advice is to break-up, the sad moodlet appears, and gives the chance for the Sim with relationship issues to go to their partner and in “Mean” interactions, do “Tell that a Friend Suggested Breaking-Up”.
– “Talk about Exes” and “Ask about Exes” for now is just conversational. It will give speech notifications eventually.
– “Discuss Relationship Ideals”, “Discuss WooHoo Preferences”, “Discuss Life Together” are all just conversational interactions. “Express Interest” uses the animation for “Suave Kiss” (a hand kiss)
– “Reaffirm Devotion” grants a 2hr, +2 affectionate moodlet to the listener.
– “Compliment Personality” is simply conversational. So are “Joke about Bad Lovers”, “Reminisce about Early Days”, “Impress with High Romance Skill” and “Make a Funny Flirty Comment”.
– “Enthuse about Relationship” grants a 2hr, +2 affectionate moodlet
– “Appreciate for All the Little Things” grants a 2hr, +2 affectionate moodlet to the listener.
– “Give Love Advice” will give the listener a +1, 2hr confident moodlet. “Ask for Love Advice” will grant skill points and the same moodlet only if the SIm asked to has high Romance skill level.
– “Magical Pick-Up Line” grants lots of relationship points. “Beguiling Kiss” grants the game’s original “Beguiled” moodlet – a +50 flirty moodlet.
– “Charm the Room” will make all Sims around flirty (4hr +4 flirty), and boost romance relationship points gain by 150% for as long as the user’s subsequent +2 confident moodlet lasts, which is 4 hours.)
– Rabbit Hole dates with partners grant moodlets during, and various moodlets after. Either a +2 playful, +2 flirty or +2 fine moodlet, all 2 hours long. If it was a movie date, it has an extra 1hr +1 inspired moodlet.
– Counselling grants either a 2hr +2 bored, +2 confident or +2 fine moodlet. Going to couple counselling unlocks the option “Try to talk through Problems” to couples who are having a hard time in their relationship.
– “Blame for Problems in Relationship” give the listener a +2 ,2h angry moodlet.
– Any interaction not mentioned in this list but mentioned in features is simply conversational.
NOTE: a lot of these moodlets are prevented to recur for a period of time after having appeared once. This is to avoid your Sims getting the same moodlet all the time because they”re autonomously using this mod”s interactions.
– As of right now, “Online Dates” do not grant any relationship point to go with the result moodlets. I have tried again and again, enlisted other modders for help, but only friendship points would load no matter how we went about it – for now. Until I have this working perfectly, I am leaving it out. Your Sim can still go on dates but it won’t affect the Sim they meet with or give a relationship between your Sim and the date. It will give your Sim moodlets however.
3 VERSIONS: WHICH TO GET?
A – Original Version: this is the version for which the above description applies fully.
B – No Romance Gain Restrictions version aka Compatibility version / NO Override version: this is for users who do not want romance points to be more difficult to gain OR users who also use mods such as: SlowerRelationshipProgression by MeCoinpurse and LongTermRelationshipBuilding by Wiggler. The difference” If you already use those mods, romance point gain is already slowed down a lot. So, my mod in this version does not slow them down, but instead, offers a very small to small speeding up with higher skill levels (at level 10, the increase is of 30%). If you don’t use these mods but simply would rather make romance easier instead of harder and then normal, this is also the version for you. If you refuse to use mods that contain overrides of game files, this is also the version for you!
C – More Romance Gain restrictions: this version makes it so that romance will always be harder with this mod than without, but will get significantly easier with high skill level. A Level 10 romance will gain romance relationship points twice as fast as a level 1. The thing with this version is – “twice as fast” is still significantly slower than in the unmodded game. Whereas, in the “Original Version”, ‘twice as fast as a Level 1’ means, at normal unmoded game rate). This is basically a little bit like “Slower Relationship Progression” mentioned above, but more fully integrating my mod’s skill gain system. If you use “Slower Relationship Progression” be MeCoinpurse or “LongTermRelationshipBuilding” by Wiggler, get this mod in version B (No Restrictions / Compatibility version).
MOD CONFLICT INFO:
Version A and B will conflict with any mod that overrides the “Loot_LTR_Romance_Main” game files – in other words, mods that make romance gain universally faster or slower. I don’t know of any other than “Slower Relationship Progression” by MeCoinpurse and “LongTermRelationshipBuilding” by Wiggler. Consider those incompatible – they are compatible with Version B of my mod, however.
* Unsure whether this mod will conflict with another” Ask me, and I’ll look into it for you! This od contains no overrides or conflict-creating elements other than the aforementioned – version B contains none no matter what.
What version do I recommend”
Depends on what you want.If you want to permanently make romance relationship gain slower, go with C. If you want it to be slower for low skill level but then be back up to normal game rate, go with A. If you use other mods that conflict, or do not want romance relationship point gain to be restricted at all at any moment, go with B.
TIPS AND TRICKS
-Have Married / Long-term relationship Sims” I recommend cheating their Romance Skill level to 5. The Cheat menu for this mod is simply in the game’s “Action” menu when clicking on your Sim!
Mods that go very nicely with this one:
– LittleMissSam’s Simda Dating App mod
– PolarBearSim’s Personality Please! and especially, its Restricted Romance module. Can’t recommend that enough!
Sims 4 Studio by Andrew
Mod Constructor by Zerbu
XML Finder by Scumbumbo
There are no reviews yet.