The Sims Catalog was founded with the goal of creating a site where fans could search for all the Custom Content (CC) creations for the Sims 4 in one place. With thousands of great creations being built every month across hundreds of sites, it can be difficult for fans to find what they’re looking for, even when searching through Google! We aim to provide a service to the Sims community by making it easier for fans to discover CC creations. To do this, we try catalog and categorize every CC creation, and then provide search, browse & refine tools to for fans to navigate our vast database.
- We design our site with the goal to make it as easy as possible for fans to find what they want. Our team works tirelessly to optimize our search algorithm’s accuracy and improve our site’s categorization in order to make our users’ lives easier. Whenever a category gets too large and makes browsing a drag, we will add refinements so users can narrow down on what they want faster.
- We aim to provide the maximum amount of CC selection for Sims fans. In order for us to truly become a one-stop-shop for all your Sims CC needs, we will aim to catalog as many creations as possible. We allow all creations to be shared on the site, providing they do not infringe on registered Trademarks or copyrighted content.
- Our site should provide CC creators with a platform that helps make their creations more discoverable to fans. We aim to serve CC creators just as much as the fans who search and browse the site. Our site should provide an equal playing field for all CC creators to share their creations and have their own websites found by more fans.
- We will continuously invest in upgrading the site to provide a better user experience. Our advertising revenues are spent on maintaining and upgrading the site’s powerful servers to provide faster page loading and keep up with the growing fan base. We also invest in developing powerful machine learning technologies that help surface new and relevant creations to users.
- Our site will always be free. We will never ask for donations, paid membership, or use intrusive ads that create a poor user experience. Advertising is necessary for us to fund the site’s running costs, but we try to our best to keep it to an absolute minimum and will never use AdFly.
Other sites we recommend for daily Custom Content Updates include (in no particular order):